SENIOR VISUAL DEVELOPMENT ARTIST
We are Vertigo Studios, the largest VR developer in the world and part of the Embracer Group, the largest group of developers in the world.
As our Amsterdam Studio kicks off development on our new AAA VR projects, we are looking to recruit an expressive and experienced Visual Development Artist who can aid us in our mission.
The specialist art role of Visual Development Artist at Vertigo is dedicated to the formulation and expression of ideas and artistic direction. They possess a strong artistic eye and uses it in a self-conscious way to imagine and propose ideas for what the world should look like based upon the story, characters and action taking place.
The role’s main responsibility is to aid the Art Director and discipline leads in expressing the project’s creative and artistic direction to the team and external stakeholders.
Does this sound like a dream role for you? Are you looking for a role that offers more than just a concept artist?
Then please let us know!
- Develop high quality spatial designs for environments using 3D sketch models and/or 2D paint overs in close collaboration with art and game designers
- Develop detailed artistic direction materials, such as drawings/paintings and mood boards from a high-level brief
- Drive consistently high quality in both aesthetics and visual storytelling with the player experience always in mind
- Proactively seek feedback from the Leads and Art Director and keep them informed of the status of assigned tasks
- Actively pursue knowledge of the medium – what works, what doesn’t, and what we can do about it
- Excellent traditional art skills including knowledge of composition, layout, lighting, color theory and visual storytelling
- You have worked as a Visual Development Artist on the full development cycle of console/PC/VR titles for 4+ years
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation
- Comfortable working in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints
- Highly skilled in Maya (or similar), Photoshop and Unreal Engine
- The technical aptitude to grasp new tools and processes quickly
- A strong desire to innovate within the medium of immersive technology
- You are ambitious and creative, always aiming for the highest possible quality
- You are excited by the challenges and opportunities of working in the new media of VR/XR
- Your passion drives continuous personal development and creativity
- You are organized and forward looking
- You have a portfolio of outstanding professional and personal work
- A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working hours
- 26 Standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more
- A healthy lunch in our canteen (when working from the office)
- 30% Income tax reduction for eligible expats
- Relocation cost compensation depending on your situation
- Free pension plan
- Free train commuting when living outside of Amsterdam
- Group activities and an annual VR game jam (also whilst working from home)
- Friday afternoon drinks (online)
- The latest VR hardware and titles which you can borrow and take home
- Whilst working from home we provide all the relevant hardware, budget for desk and chair and a contribution toward your energy costs.