SENIOR LEAD GAME DESIGNER
We are Vertigo Studios, the largest VR developer in the world and part of the Embracer Group, the largest group of developers in the world
As our Amsterdam studio kicks off development of its most ambitious project to date, a true multi-platform AAA VR action shooter based on a global franchise, we are looking to recruit an experienced Lead Designer who can aid us in our mission.
Are you a game industry veteran who understands the importance of crafting a high-level vision which frames the player's experience and inspires the whole team?
Can you tread the line between a creative force and a generous leader who knows when to dictate and when to delegate?
Can you effortlessly collaborate across disciplines, working to set constraints and goals to keep the creative vision of the project on track and the team on board?
If so, then we would love to hear from you!
- Assists the Game Director in shaping a project vision and translates the vision into an overarching design strategy
- Manages the project’s design team by setting goals and ensuring their work is consistent with the project vision
- Shares studio values and conveys the project vision across the studio and with external parties
- Acts as an example of commitment to the project and studio's vision by doing work that sets the studio standard and inspires others
- Collaborates across the disciplines to make the game as fun and engaging as possible
- Creates high level briefs that inspire and encourage innovation in the team
- You have worked in a Lead Designer role throughout the full development cycle on AAA console/PC titles for 8+ years
- You possess excellent English language communication skills, both written and verbal
- You can demonstrate effective creative leadership on projects based upon existing and original IP’s
- You are highly skilled in all areas of design, from UX, mechanics and systems to levels and narrative, and you have the track record to prove it
- You are experienced in developing with the Unreal Engine and are unafraid to get hands on if needed
- You have extensive experience in a leadership role developing high quality VR games or experiences
- You have a track record of fostering a team culture that promotes innovation and inclusion
- You are ambitious and creative, always aiming for the highest possible quality
- You are excited by the challenges and opportunities of working in the new media of VR/XR
- Your passion drives continuous personal development and creativity
- You are organized and forward looking
- You have a portfolio of outstanding professional and personal work
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working hours
- 26 Standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more
- A healthy lunch in our canteen (when working from the office)
- 30% Income tax reduction for eligible expats
- Relocation cost compensation depending on your situation
- Free pension plan
- Free train commuting when living outside of Amsterdam
- Group activities and an annual VR game jam (also whilst working from home)
- Friday afternoon drinks (online)
- The latest VR hardware and titles which you can borrow and take home
- Whilst working from home we provide all the relevant hardware, budget for desk and chair and a contribution toward your energy costs