FULL STACK GAME DEVELOPER
We are Vertigo Studios, the largest VR developer in the world and part of the Embracer Group, the largest group of developers in the world.
Are you looking to use your wide range of technology knowledge to create efficient developer tools that improve the overall workflow in a VR game studio?
Would you like to use your knowledge of NodeJS, React, Docker and MongoDB to create efficient and reliable tools with great usability for others? Do you like to sit and iterate together with programmers, designers, artists or producers to create the best tools possible for the desired workflow?
Are you the person with the knowledge to create scalable, high performance and safe NodeJS instances and possibly deploy these on Amazon Web Services?
Then we are surely looking for you!
- To implement, update and maintain tools used for development, including back-end and front-end work, database setup and deployment
- To use your knowledge of NodeJS, React, Docker, MongoDB to help set the technical constraints to design the optimal workflow and implement the most efficient tool for the job
- To take ownership of these tools by working closely together with tech, designers, artists and producers to make sure usability is up to the expectations
- To use your knowledge of object orientation, design patterns, algorithms and data structures to create solid technical designs and efficient implementations of tools systems
- Transform user feedback into solid technical designs, working closely together with the engine and tools tech lead to make it fit with the existing infrastructure and tool setup
- To use your domain knowledge to create a reliable and fast environment for the live tools together with the IT/DevOps department
- To analyze problems and debug them in order to quickly locate and fix challenging bugs
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a full stack developer, and that time has at least partially been used to work with NodeJS, React, Docker and MongoDB
- You have experience in deploying and managing web applications including monitoring, scaling, automation and handling load issues and server failures
- You have gone through a number of web projects from start to finish and thus have proper understanding of all the basic concepts and general workflow with good knowledge and appreciation of web standards
- You have an eye for user interfaces and the end user experience
- Experience with Jenkins and Perforce is a plus
- Technical and communicative at the same time
- Excited by the potential of new technology
- Permitted to work in the EU
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A culture that values a healthy work-life balance;
- Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam;
- Flexible working hours;
- Benefits according to experience and job;
- 26 Standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more;
- A healthy lunch buffet with regular hot meals and specials (when working at the office);
- 30% Income tax ruling for eligible expats;
- Relocation cost compensation depending on your situation;
- Free pension plan;
- Free train commuting when living outside of Amsterdam;
- Group activities and an annual VR game jam;
- Friday afternoon drinks;
- The latest VR hardware which you can borrow and take home.