We are Vertigo Studios, the largest VR developer in the world and part of the Embracer Group, the largest group of developers in the world.
As our Amsterdam studio kicks off development of its most ambitious project to date, a true multi-platform high-end VR action shooter based on a global franchise, we are looking to recruit a Rendering Programmer who can aid us in our mission.
As a Rendering Programmer, you will be working on the engine side and with the rendering part of the Unreal Engine, making sure our artists can create great looking visuals for our games.
Are you looking to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team to implement engaging engine features and rendering systems in Unreal Engine 4 to create visual splendor for our next high-end VR games and experiences?
Are you comfortable cooperating closely with our art team to deliver the very best? Do you like to find the best technical tricks and approaches to achieve this?
Do you know how to dive into an existing codebase and always keep an eye out for writing optimized code? Do you like to help and find those optimization issues and pinpoint how to fix them?
Is C++ your main programming language, because the full control of it really gets you excited and are you equally passionate about the triple AAA potential of the Unreal Engine?
Then we are surely looking for you!
- To work together with artists and the team to implement important rendering and optimization features needed to further improve our games
- To use your knowledge of C++, object orientation, design patterns, algorithms and data structures to create solid technical designs and efficient implementations of these engine systems and adjustments
- To constantly take performance into account so our games and experiences can keep running at a smooth 72+ FPS, even when rendering to both eyes and using the latest and greatest mobile hardware to do so
- To adapt and expand upon our studio pipeline and coding standards to create spectacular and immersive games and experiences
- To use your knowledge of rendering, shaders and math to create new graphical features that enable our art team to create the highest visual standard for VR
- To analyze problems and debug them in order to quickly locate and fix challenging bugs
- You have experience working on game engines (preferably Unreal Engine 4 or 5) to create special features or functionality that can be used in games, or you have clear experience setting up your own engine, including a rendering pipeline
- You have a good feel for optimization and can work together with artists to find bottlenecks
- You have written some engine adjustments or engine parts in C++ and have a great understanding of all the basic concepts of the language like the object-oriented approach, pointers and references, containers, inheritance, polymorphism, functions, structures and visibility
- It is a clear bonus if you have already worked in VR
- You are technical and collaborative at the same time
- You are algorithmic and low level focused
- You are excited by the potential of VR
- You are eligible to work in the EU
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working hours
- 26 Standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more
- A healthy lunch in our canteen (when working from the office)
- 30% Income tax reduction for eligible expats
- Relocation cost compensation depending on your situation
- Free pension plan
- Free train commuting when living outside of Amsterdam
- Group activities and an annual VR game jam (also whilst working from home)
- Friday afternoon drinks (online)
- The latest VR hardware and titles which you can borrow and take home
- Whilst working from home we provide all the relevant hardware, budget for desk and chair and a contribution toward your energy costs