SENIOR UNREAL Engineer
We are Vertigo Studios, the largest VR developer in the world and part of the Embracer Group, the largest group of developers in the world.
As our Amsterdam studio kicks off development of its most ambitious project to date, a true multi-platform AAA VR action shooter based on a global franchise, we are looking to recruit an experienced Software Architect who can aid us in our mission.
As a Senior Software Architect, you will be working on the larger systems of our upcoming triple A titles, making sure the code is designed in a solid, effective, readable and maintainable way.
Are you looking to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team to implement large systems for our groundbreaking (VR) games and experiences?
Are you a software architect who likes to dive deep into the technical design of existing code bases and who has a high focus on writing quality technical designs & code to deliver the best products?
Do you have solid & extensive knowledge of C++ and are you aware of all the main language features it has to offer, so you can use these features efficiently and effectively?
Can you guide other software engineers and Unreal developers to improve their technical design and make more efficient and better maintainable features?
Then we are surely looking for you!
- Setup the technical design of major game systems and engine architecture built using the Unreal Engine
- To use your knowledge of C++, object orientation, design patterns, algorithms and data structures to create solid technical designs and efficient implementations of large systems
- To take ownership of large system’s & Unreal Engine improvements, working closely together with the tech lead to make it fit the complete codebase and working closely together with the creatives to identify the technical constraints based on their guidance
- To collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to build triple A quality technology and tools
- To mentor less experienced developers, and help improve the quality of their deliverables
- To constantly take performance into account so our games and experiences can keep running at a smooth frame rate, even when using mobile hardware to do so
- To analyze problems and debug them in order to quickly locate and fix challenging bugs
- At least 5 years of experience in software / game development
- Solid understanding of C++ and all it’s concepts, with at least 3 years of professional experience
- At least 1 year of experience with Unreal Engine, with a good understanding of the architecture of the engine
- A software architect, someone who really likes to think about the technical design
- Social and collaborative
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Excited by the potential of creating (VR) games
- Permitted to work in the EU
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working hours
- 26 Standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more
- A healthy lunch in our canteen (when working from the office)
- 30% Income tax reduction for eligible expats
- Relocation cost compensation depending on your situation
- Free pension plan
- Free train commuting when living outside of Amsterdam
- Group activities and an annual VR game jam (also whilst working from home)
- Friday afternoon drinks (online)
- The latest VR hardware and titles which you can borrow and take home
- Whilst working from home we provide all the relevant hardware, budget for desk and chair and a contribution toward your energy costs