We are Vertigo Studios, the largest VR developer in the world and part of the Embracer Group, the largest group of developers in the world.
As our Amsterdam studio kicks off development of its most ambitious project to date, a true multi-platform high-end VR action shooter based on a global franchise, we are looking to recruit an experienced Unreal Game Programmer who can aid us in our mission.
As an Unreal Game Programmer, you will be working on all sorts of game features for our next high-end VR games, making sure the feature is aligned with our designers, and bringing the most fun to our end-users.
Are you looking to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team to implement engaging game features for our groundbreaking VR games and experiences?
Do you have a solid experience with Unreal Engine that helps you prototype new ideas in Unreal quickly or convert that prototype to a production ready version using Unreal?
Are you comfortable cooperating closely with our creative team to deliver the very best?
Is C++ your main programming language, because the full control of it really gets you excited and are you equally passionate about the triple AAA potential of the Unreal Engine?
Then we are surely looking for you!
- To take ownership of a game feature implementation, working closely together with the tech lead to make it fit the complete codebase and working closely together with the designers to identify the technical constraints based on their creative guidance
- To use your knowledge of C++, C#, object orientation, design patterns, algorithms and data structures to create solid technical designs and efficient implementations of these game features and systems
- To work closely together with our designers to create fun and engaging game elements for our triple A VR games
- To analyze prototype code and come up with production quality systems that are robust and can stand the test of time in an iterative environment
- To constantly take performance into account so our games and experiences can keep running at a smooth 72+ FPS, even when rendering to both eyes and using the latest and greatest mobile hardware to do so
- To analyze problems and debug them in order to quickly locate and fix challenging bugs
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have written a number of games and or hobby projects in C++ and have a proper understanding of all the basic concepts of the language like the object oriented approach, pointers and references, containers, inheritance, polymorphism, functions, structures and visibility
- You have created at least 1 project using the Unreal Engine providing you with a good understanding on creating blueprints, optimizing code through usage of C++ and the Unreal pipeline
- It is a clear bonus if you have already worked in VR
- Technical and creative at the same time
- Social and collaborative
- Excited by the potential of VR
- Eligible to work in the EU
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working hours
- 26 Standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more
- A healthy lunch in our canteen (when working from the office)
- 30% Income tax reduction for eligible expats
- Relocation cost compensation depending on your situation
- Free pension plan
- Free train commuting when living outside of Amsterdam
- Group activities and an annual VR game jam (also whilst working from home)
- Friday afternoon drinks (online)
- The latest VR hardware and titles which you can borrow and take home
- Whilst working from home we provide all the relevant hardware, budget for desk and chair and a contribution toward your energy costs