We are Vertigo Studios, the largest VR developer in the world and part of the Embracer Group, the largest group of developers in the world.
As our Amsterdam studio kicks off development on our new AAA VR projects, we are looking to recruit a highly experienced Game Director who can aid us in our mission.
Are you a game industry veteran who understands how to craft a project vision that inspires external stakeholders as well as your entire team?
Do you know how to translate that vision into a plan to create a game that delivers on the vision, navigating the persistently unpredictable seas of game development?
Can you guide and offer leadership to a team of senior managers to execute the plan, and are you capable of making those tough calls that come with being the ultimate decision maker on the project?
If so, then we would love to hear from you!
- Sets the vision at the start of the project and safeguards it throughout development by directing the senior management team and the leads
- Shares responsibility with the Senior Lead Producer for determining the project’s scope in respect of the budget and timelines set by the company
- Gives high-level direction, feedback and inspiration to the whole team at regular intervals throughout development
- Together with the Senior Lead Producer, translates the project’s vision & scope into goals for the leadership team to deliver on during pre-production and full production
- Monitors the project continuously, ensuring the vision is respected, adjusting the team’s focus and energy where needed
- Acts as an example of commitment to the project and studio's vision by doing work that sets the studio standard and inspires others
- You have worked as a Game Director on the full development cycle of console/PC/VR titles for 4+ years, or:
- You have worked in a Lead Designer role throughout the full development cycle on console/PC titles for 8+ years
- You possess excellent English language communication skills, both written and verbal
- You can demonstrate effective creative leadership on projects based upon existing and original IP’s
- You have extensive experience in a leadership role developing high quality (VR) games or experiences
- You have a track record of fostering a team culture that promotes innovation and inclusion
- You are ambitious and creative, always aiming for the highest possible quality
- You are excited by the challenges and opportunities of working in the new media of VR/XR
- Your passion drives continuous personal development and creativity
- You are organized and forward looking
- You have a portfolio of outstanding professional and personal work
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working hours
- 26 Standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more
- A healthy lunch in our canteen (when working from the office)
- 30% Income tax reduction for eligible expats
- Relocation cost compensation depending on your situation
- Free pension plan
- Free train commuting when living outside of Amsterdam
- Group activities and an annual VR game jam (also whilst working from home)
- Friday afternoon drinks (online)
- The latest VR hardware and titles which you can borrow and take home
- Whilst working from home we provide all the relevant hardware, budget for desk and chair and a contribution toward your energy costs