SENIOR QA Tester
We are Vertigo Studios, the largest VR developer in the world and part of the Embracer Group, the largest group of developers in the world.
As Senior QA Tester you will be responsible for running day to day test cases and requests, assuring quality and compliance of our games across multiple platforms and projects.
Testers will report, manage and track bugs through our bug tracking systems in a clear and consistent format, adding supporting evidence and examples that better highlight the issue. As part of the QA department you’ll work closely with the development teams to ensure that tests are completed in accordance with milestones and test requests from the team.
As Senior QA Tester you can create test plans from scratch that aid in a solid & efficient testing process for a project. You can identify QA requirements for a project at the start of a project and can assist with possible test automation.
You can take full testing responsibility for a single project, and take responsibility for full project reporting, but are able to effectively manage time and testing across multiple projects if needed. You can assess the overall quality of a deliverable and clearly indicate deviations from the expected result.
As a QA Tester you have experience with QA best practices and the ability to carry out a variety of different testing methods efficiently. You have a good understanding of game development and all the different project phases. You have a high level of experience with using command line and platform features for testing and can use a source control system for doing updates. You ensure that correct terminology is used when describing issues or when documenting procedures.
- Conduct usability, functionality, performance, load and qualitative tests
- Methodically execute general and specific test plans to ensure proper testing of all features and aspects of the games
- Proactively identify, chase, and always assist in the resolution of critical issues in the build
- Share knowledge with the rest of the testing team and the development team
- Mentor junior testers
- QA clearance of builds for milestone delivery
- Use your knowledge and experience to determine severity and priority of issues
- Identify and communicate issues, risks & concerns, as well as possible improvements for our QA processes
- Monitor and effectively utilize bug tracking databases and act upon the results
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 4 years of Quality Assurance experience in game development
- Previous experience with 1 or more bug tracking databases
- Focus and drive to get to the bottom of issues
- Solid understanding of gameplay mechanics
- Strong bug, build status, document & update reporting skills
- Previous experience coordinating QA efforts between internal and external test teams
- Experience with design / development on multiple platforms, with VR is an added bonus
- Familiar with compliance testing on various platforms
- Ability to work unsupervised and maintain focus and commitment
- You have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Outstanding problem-solving and analytical skills
- You stay cool under pressure and can efficiently prioritize workload accordingly to upcoming deadlines
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working hours
- 26 Standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more
- A healthy lunch in our canteen (when working from the office)
- 30% Income tax reduction for eligible expats
- Relocation cost compensation depending on your situation
- Free pension plan
- Free train commuting when living outside of Amsterdam
- Group activities and an annual VR game jam (also whilst working from home)
- Friday afternoon drinks (online)
- The latest VR hardware which you can borrow and take home